EECERA has created a role of ‘EECERA Country Coordinator’. It is intended that this EECERA appointed local officer will establish a network of EECERA members in their countries by supporting and coordinating activities that might be beneficial to EECERA.
The aim of the EECERA Country Coordinator is to:
- increase the national participation and activity of EECERA members in the Country Coordinator’s country or region;
- raise the visibility, status and impact of the EECERA in each country;
- create an EECERA supported international network of EC researchers, practitioners and policy makers;
- be an intermediary for local EC colleagues to EECERA and its journal.
The role of the EECERA Country Coordinator is to:
- raise the visibility and urgency of developing high quality ECEC services within their country and internationally;
- support the EECERA Executive and Trustees in the mission and work of the Association;
- liaise with the EECERA Executive to act as a conduit for information and dissemination of knowledge about EC and EECERA activities;
- promote and disseminate information about EECERA activities, annual conferences and the EECER Journal within the country they represent;
- encourage all interested and active EC researchers, practitioners and policy makers within their country to sign-up to the EECERA newsletter;
- attempt to increase individual membership of EECERA and institutional library subscriptions to the EECER Journal within their country;
- support and encourage early childhood researchers, practitioners and policy makers to become active in EECERA at conferences and also through publication of their work in the journal;
- have an email address, URL or web link to the EECERA website, http://www.eecera.org/country-coordinators/ so they may be contacted;
- support the development and activity of EECERA supported networks and Special Interest Groups within their country and help them to participate in the EECERA’s community;
- consider translations of the website into national languages when appropriate.
EECERA Country Coordinators will be expected to:
- be active in their role to meet the aims outlined above;
- provide an annual activity report by 31st January each year which shows how they have carried out their role over the previous year and what success they have had in achieving the aims of this role, for example:
– increased membership
– increased number of submissions for the journal
– increased attendance at the conferences
- maintain contact with, and be accountable to, the EECERA Trustee who supports Country Coordinators (Maelis Karlsson Lohmander: email@example.com)
EECERA appointed Country Coordinators receive free online access to EECERA journal and its full back catalogue for each year they are active although this does not confer membership. They are also supported in their work by EECERA’s administrative staff. After a successful period of service (3 years), having paid the membership fee, they would be eligible for membership of the EECERA Electoral College. Membership of the Electoral College gives both voting rights and qualification for election to the Board of Trustees.
If you are interested in becoming a country coordinator, please express your interest in writing to Maelis and attach a copy of your CV. For those of you who would like to support the country coordinator appointed in your country, please contact the appropriate person from the list below.