EECERA membership should be renewed annually in January. The membership period runs from 1 January – 31 December each year.
New members may join at anytime and, if joining in mid-year, will receive appropriate back copies of any of the six Issues of that year’s Journal Volume that have already been issued.
The Board of Trustees have agreed not to increase membership rates for 2024 -they will remain as follows:
Standard membership – £100 GBP
Student membership – £75 GBP
Membership brings the advantages, reductions and benefits listed below.
Benefits of membership
Benefits of Membership include:
- Free subscription to the European Early Childhood Education Research Journal (EECERJ) now published by Taylor and Francis, posted to the Member’s home address (online only can be requested);
- Free online access to EECERJ (including the full, historical archive) via the Taylor and Francis website;
- FREE ACCESS to 3 more Early Years Journals:
- International Journal of Early Years Education
- International Journal of Play
- Early Childhood Development and Care
- Free E-Book for Members from the Towards an Ethical Praxis in Early Childhood series;
- Opportunity to attend or present a symposium research paper at the EECERA Annual Conference, which takes place in a different European city each year;
- Opportunity to join and/or establish an EECERA Special Interest Groups on a range of topics;
- International research networking and bid collaboration opportunities;
- Access to support for writing and publication of scholarly articles and themed journals;
- Regular discounts on Routledge books;
- Representation on EECERA Board of Trustees, and/or the Electoral College and the opportunity to become part of the executive of the organisation;
- Opportunity to shape EECERA policy and activity;
- A reduced fee at the EECERA annual conference.
- network and collaborate formally and informally with other EECERA members;
- attend the EECERA Annual Conference as a delegate or, subject to scientific review, as a paper presenter;
- establish or join a Self Organised Symposium at Conference (for this you will need to contact the Conference Chair);
- participate in the Members’ AGM, an annual forum or market place for members at Conference;
- submit papers to the EECERJ;
- participate in the EECERJ review process as a referee. (If you wish to submit your name for consideration then please complete the form);
- become active as a Country Coordinator (complete the form);
- form or take part in a Special Interest Group;
- as an ‘active’ member become part of the Electoral College;
- as a member of the Electoral College become a Trustee of the Association through the election process;
- consider offering your institution as a potential venue for the Annual Conference.
How to become an EECERA member
It’s easy to become a full paid EECERA member, simply follow the steps below to gain all the amazing benefits.
STEP 1. Please register a basic account on the EECERA website.
STEP 2. Once logged in, go to “My Area”. Here you will be able to buy or renew EECERA membership. All transactions go through our secure payment gateway Stripe.