Call for EECERJ reviewers
Posted 29th March 2023
EECERA members, friends and colleagues, we need your help!
We are currently looking for new reviewers to support publication of articles submitted to the EECERA Journal. EECERJ depends on our community’s expertise, experience and freely given time to work with authors, editors and reviewers to ensure we provide quality peer-reviewed contributions to the field of Early Childhood Education and Care.
Why become a reviewer?
• Boost your academic career by referencing your work as a reviewer
• Staying on top of the latest EY research that’s of interest to you
• Improve your own writing by learning from the work submitted by others
• Recognise and accept professional responsibility to peer review in order to uphold high standards of research in the field of early childhood education
• Pay forward – researchers who themselves have received constructive support to advance their work via peer review can give back to the research community by becoming reviewers themselves and helping others get published.
• Expand professional networks by working collaboratively with others involved in the peer-review process
Our publishers, Taylor & Francis, provide lots of helpful information and free to access resources for those keen to support the research community in this way. Below, you can also watch a recording of an online workshop “How to become an excellent reviewer” delivered by Diana Marshall, Taylor & Francis as part of EECERA Online Festival.
Benefits of becoming EECERJ reviewer
• Reviewer certificate of recognition from our publishers, Taylor & Francis
• 30-days’ free access to Taylor & Francis journal content upon agreeing to review
• 30% discount on Taylor & Francis Group books including Routledge, CRC Press, Garland Science, Psychology Press, and Focal Press imprints.
• Publons – showcase a complete record of your reviewing activity as evidence of your subject-area expertise.
In order to be considered as contributor to our peer review process for the journal, you need to be a published author yourself and, ideally, be working towards or have a PhD or equivalent in the field of ECEC.
If you meet these criteria and would like to get involved, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and we can go through the next steps to become a reviewer and help you in the next stage of your academic career.