To bring together international perspectives on transitions in early childhood to:
- Promote the wellbeing of young children and their families
- Support, share and disseminate SIG members’ research on transitions and related aspects
- Explore and debate emerging research, professional practices and theories in relation to transitions
- Contribute to debates about transitions in relation to the wellbeing of children and adults
- Strengthen understanding of transitions for children and their families.
The Transition to School: Position Statement was developed by a group of international researchers, many of whom participate in the Transitions SIG. The document was launched internationally at the AGM by Sue Dockett, co-chair of the Transitions SIG. EECERA President, Chris Pascal and Board Trustee, Tony Bertram congratulated the Transitions SIG on the release of the document. It can be accessed at: http://www.csu.edu.au/research/ripple/research-groups/etc/.
Click here to view the 2015 report (pdf) Sue & Wilfried
Activities & Publications
See recent convenors’ reports for a list of projects and papers.