Working With Parents and Families
Sílvia Blanch Gelabert, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
Ute Ward, University of Hertfordshire, UK
- To share international research, experiences and understandings of the role of the family in early childhood education
- To discuss, reflect and challenge the power relationships between families and workers in research studies and work with parents and families.
- To provide a forum for the voice of parents and families in educational research
- To support the development of appropriate methodologies for research with parents and families to investigate how families support their children’s growth and development.
- To explore workforce issues that arise through the development of different ways of working with parents and families across a number of disciplines e.g. early childhood education and family work
Click here to view the 2022 report (pdf)
Click here to view the 2021 report (pdf)
Click here to view the 2019-20 report (pdf)
Click here to view the 2017-18 report (pdf)
Click here to view the 2016-17 report (pdf)
Click here to view the 2014-15 report (pdf)
Activities & Publications
Publication: “Working with parents and families” published as a Special Issue of the EECERA Journal. April 2018 (Volume 26, number 2). With Ute Ward and Bob Perry as Guest Editors. https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/recr20/26/2?nav=tocList