Working With Parents and Families
Dianne Jackson, Charles Sturt University, Australia
Kate Hayward, Pen Green Research Base, UK
Silvia Blanch Gelabert, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
Ute Ward, University of Hertfordshire, UK
- To share international research, experiences and understandings of the role of the family in early childhood education
- To discuss, reflect and challenge the power relationships between families and workers in research studies and work with parents and families.
- To provide a forum for the voice of parents and families in educational research
- To support the development of appropriate methodologies for research with parents and families to investigate how families support their children’s growth and development.
- To explore workforce issues that arise through the development of different ways of working with parents and families across a number of disciplines e.g. early childhood education and family work
Click here to view the 2014-15 report (pdf) Kate Hayward