Working With Parents and Families
- To share international research, experiences and understandings of the role of the family in early childhood education
- To discuss, reflect and challenge the power relationships between families and workers in research studies and work with parents and families.
- To provide a forum for the voice of parents and families in educational research
- To support the development of appropriate methodologies for research with parents and families to investigate how families support their children’s growth and development.
- To explore workforce issues that arise through the development of different ways of working with parents and families across a number of disciplines e.g. early childhood education and family work
News & Events
- EECERA 19th Conference, Thessaloniky. Self organised symposium of the SIG Working with Parents and Families. Sue Docked, Bob Perry, Ute Ward and Sílvia Blanch presented “WORKING WITH PARENTS AND FAMILIES: THE PROFESSIONALISM FROM THE PRACTITIONERS AND PARENTS POINT OF VIEW”.
- The Special Interest Group Meeting: Working with Parents and Families, toock place on Tuesday 19 of august at 13-30h. on the Tower Building,Faculty of Education, A.U.TH. We did share our interests, experiences, had some discussion about the mission statemen and wrote a first draft of the SIG Principles and values for practitioners and researcher. Soon we will share the document in this site.
Activities & Publications
Publication: “Working with parents and families” published as a Special Issue of the EECERA Journal. April 2018 (Volume 26, number 2). With Ute Ward and Bob Perry as Guest Editors. https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/recr20/26/2?nav=tocList